Solutions for Sepsis Diagnostics
When it was introduced, this test, which is one of the parameters in our VIDAS® System marked a milestone in the management of sepsis. The progression of severe bacterial infection is closely related to how quickly the appropriate treatment can be administered; measuring PCT levels therefore represents an extremely valuable tool in intensive care units, where sepsis is a major public health concern. The test to detect Procalcitonin takes just 20 minutes, making it possible to obtain early indications so the patient can be given proper treatment. PCT thus contributes to improved patient care and increases the patient’s chance of survival. The same technology is also used for monitoring antibiotic therapy and the patient’s response to treatment.
Other Solutions for Sepsis Diagnostics:
Bacterial Identification and Antibiotic Susceptibility Testing:
- VITEK® 2 automated systems enable the identification of disease-causing bacteria and antibiotic susceptibility testing in order to target the best possible treatment.
- ETEST® - When it comes to antibiotic susceptibility testing of bacteria that are rare or difficult to grow in culture, ETEST® makes it possible to determine Minimal Inhibitory Concentration (MIC) values for antibiotic, antifungal and anti-mycobacterial agents.
- API® – Manual test kits for microorganism identification Automated blood culture:
- BacT/ALERT® 3D enables the rapid growth and detection of the bacteria or yeast responsible for infection. Depending on test results, physicians treating the patient with broad-spectrum antibiotics may adjust the treatment to reduce the risk of toxicity and antibiotic resistance.
- BacT/ALERT® 3D Culture Media – bioMérieux offers blood culture media in plastic bottles, which may be sent through pneumatic tube systems
- WorkSafe Blood Culture Collection Kits - Implement best practices, improve patient care, reduce collection errors, accurately track septicemia, and control costs